Sunday, May 17, 2015

Assignment 3

Assignment 1: This week I want you to take an assortment of photographs, what you decide to photograph is up to you. Your assignment is to showcase 1 photo for each camera setting on your camera, which means I would like to see the camera setting in action! You are allowed to use editing software for this assignment, as well as use any resources available to you.

     Here are my series of photos. These are 7 images from over 100 photos that I took over 2 weeks. I explored a variety of settings on the camera.
This photo was taken in close-up mode. I did use the crop tool and I darkened a highlight area that I found distracting.

This photo was taken in Manual Mode. I crop the image to enhance the flower cascade in the foreground.

This photo was taken in Landscape Mode. I did no cropping but I did enhance the greens and I increased the contrast in the lower section of the image.


 This image was taken using the Portrait Mode. I do not like having my portrait taken so I decided to take a photo of my hand. The skin tones looked very natural and I did nothing to the image.
 This image was also taken in Close Up Mode because I wanted an image where I really zoomed in.  I did nothing to this image.
I took this image using the Sports Mode. I cropped the image only.
This image was taken in Night Portrait Mode. I cropped the image and I saturated the color a little to show off the blossoms more.

2 comments:

Martin V. said...

Hello Mrs. K!
I found your use of each setting on the camera very distinguishable with each photograph, well done! Out of the many photographs, however, there were 2 pictures that struck me, that showed a higher level of use with the camera setting. The manual mode photograph (the cascading flower) was done rather well, the only suggestion I would advise would be to crop the image so that the "cascading" falls in one of the rule of thirds lines. This is where it gets interesting, because my favorite photograph from your selection was from the night portrait mode. The photograph was very unusual, but you were able to capture the beauty of the flowers, while dealing with the dimming light of the approaching night. Well done :)

Mrs. Kristiansen said...

Grade for Week 3: 96